We are living in a fast paced world. People do not have the time or patience to wait for something and want things completed with the click of a button. We order food, we order clothes, and some even place order for haircut appointments. Such is the world we are living in. Then why not book consultation with an online doctor?
It is happening and very much available. Doctors are there who are willing to provide their services online for a reasonable price. The need to go down all the way to a clinic or hospital is not there. However, you will want to know that online consultation cannot be considered as the best alternative for medical treatment.
Few advantages of online consultation hard to ignore
- The online consultation is performed 24/7. There is no need to panic or get annoyed when you need medical attention in the middle of the night. The time to dress up and then travel all the way down to a good hospital is not really practical. What will do if you a woman who does not know how to drive or elderly people, with mobility problems.
- There is immediate access to the doctor once you have entered your registration details. It could be your number and password. That is about it. If the doctor is free, then immediate medical attention is given and you can speak freely because he/she is all yours and will answer politely and not impatiently, unlike what you see in clinics due to large number of patients.
- Your conversations with your doctor are strictly confidential as they are performed on a safe platform. Most likely the doctor will be seated in their cabin at office or home and must be communicating with you. Doctors understand patients need privacy. Consultation with online doctors is quick and easy.
- Those of you from rural areas can immediately get access to medical attention. You really cannot imagine the plight of traveling in dirt roads and then reaching a hospital or clinic during emergencies which can be reduced immensely getting the expert advice of an online doctor.
- Online consultation with doctors is cost effective as the consultation offered is reasonable when compared to clinics.
Like mentioned online consultation must not considered as the best alternative. During emergencies or immediate medical attention, they can be used. Mild problems like cold and fever can be consulted through online doctors like Just Doc. However, it is best to visit a doctor when you feel your symptoms are not subsiding or still persistent.